Connecting with Literature Through Technology
StudySync boasts a diverse digital library of hundreds of fiction and nonfiction texts that fuels the imaginations of students. Our expansive library supports a disciplinary literacy approach and fosters the advancement of reading and writing in all curricular areas.
Excerpts in the StudySync® library are intended as touchstones to generate interest in an author's work. StudySync® believes that such passages do not substitute for the reading of entire texts and strongly recommends that students seek out and engage the whole literary or informational work.
Building Broadly Literate Thinkers
Using technology in ways that are relevant and familiar to students' daily lives, StudySync addresses literacy skills through an engaging digital library to build broadly literate thinkers.
StudySync's Digital Library Meets the Challenge With:
- Access to diverse characters and points of view through in-depth studies of canonical and contemporary texts at various levels of text complexity, including literary and informational, and correlated to literacy standards, plus searchable by Lexile® and grade level
- Scaffolded support for all levels off learners, including video, audio recordings, audio text highlight, closed captioning, and annotation tools, for improved reading comprehension. The movie-like previews for texts and other video supports engage students and provide context for their reading
- Engaging short and long form writing prompts for each text with customizable prompts and rubrics, including practice and application of analytical writing to sources
- Multiple opportunities for developing foundational language and literacy skills while building content knowledge and helping students make meaning
- Concept Definition Videos that use relatable student narrators to define and explore important literary concepts and Skills videos that model how students apply key concepts to specific texts
- An assignment tool that allows teachers to create assignments directly from a selected text, plus customizable features, including the ability for teachers to add their own texts and create their own personal libraries
A Growing Digital Library of 1000+ Classic and Modern TextsExperience Our Digital Library
Key Benefits Include
A Strong Foundation
With hundreds of fiction and non-fiction texts to choose from, students gain exposure to the great works of the centuries in formats that encourage exploration through multiple genres, authors, and time periods.
Alignment to Literacy Standards
With 180 Days of literacy instruction with writing prompts that support literacy standards for ELA, plus literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects.
Multiple Supports for Readers at All Levels
Text selections include multimedia supports and audio recordings for improved reading comprehension, supporting reluctant readers and English Language Learners. Video selections are closed-captioned and students are able to both listen and annotate texts online.
Flexible Assignments in All Curricular Areas
The library is cross-disciplinary. Teachers can easily make reading and writing assignments directly from the library, aligning assignments to their own curricula and learning objectives for a whole class, small group, or individual student.
Customization for Your Own Personal Library
Teachers can easily add their own selections to the StudySync library, allowing them to create personal digital libraries based on class syllabi for entire semesters or reading or writing assignments simply for specific days.
High Interest Selections
Texts are chosen from traditional and contemporary canons, providing important touchstones that inspire students to read the complete work and allowing teachers to scaffold assignments based on students’ interests, reading abilities, or individual learning objectives.